Wednesday, May 24, 2006

?????Port Renrew?????

This entry is kind of an odd one I think. I mean how exciting can a trip to Port Renrew be. Honestly not much, but as this is my blog site I will fill it however I feel with what ever dribble I want.
.....I arose this cool rainy morning as like any other. As I lifted my head from my pillow dreading another post holiday work day, I thought to myself gosh it sure would be great to drive all the way to Port Renfrew in the pouring rain in a broken down work van smelling of lacquer thinner rendering me stoned and dizzy by the time I finally get to my final destination.
Although I admit it was a long drive it was a drive I had never done before. I couldn't remember ever being past China Beach. On the way there as I was rounding a corner I saw this big black thing in the middle of the road ahead. As I drove closer I saw that it was a black bear. The bear darted across the highway and leaped onto a rock cliff and quickly scaled up the side into the bush. I thought that was the coolest thing because I never see bears around here. Well a few km's up the road ,again a black thing on the road. This bear was BIG he was twice as big as the first one and didn't move until I was right up on him. I have never seen a bear that close and thought it was pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have blasted him between the eyes and made a bear rug to put in front of your fireplace!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the REAL world Brian. Nature's wild things are God's way of slowing us down and appreciating the simple things in life. Glad you took the drive.