Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Tree/Snow day


Today I started the day off at 7:00am like normal. The difference was the dump load of snow we got over night. I went out to my work van, started it up and headed out. I thought I was doing pretty good considering I made it all the way up our road and around the corner....well almost. As I turned the corner my stupid van took a slide one way and then the other. After I came to a stop I realized I was in a ditch and not going anywhere. My van was completely sideways and blocking half the road. I went home and grabbed a shovel and began digging an area around my dumb van. Long story short I got my van out, drove it home and got in my jogging pants for a snow day.
We decided to take advantage of the day and decorate for Christmas, Tree and all. I love our tree and think that the house looks better than ever for baby's first Christmas.

Some people have been asking and wondering about Elizabeth and where we stand. The latest is that we've decided and have informed the doctor that we don't want the manual baby flip procedure(I'm sure there's a scientific term for it). We don't want to risk anything going wrong during it, no matter how small the chance. We are going forward with booking a C-section and still praying that baby flips on it own when it's good and ready. If we have to do a C-section than you can bet on the birthday being some time this weekend. If the baby flips last minuite than we will be waiting for contractions to start and for Elizabeth to go into natural labour. That's as specific as it gets for now. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad your van slid off the road Bri...but the day turned out ok didn't it! Your home looks very cozy with that pretty, chubby, nicely decorated tree.... a good idea to have all that done before your "little munchkin" comes on board!
Take care of each other.

Anonymous said...

OOoooo, pretty tree! Now I want to hurry up and go get one, too! Glad to hear you got your van out. And I hope eveything goes smoothly with Beth and the little one!

Anonymous said...

What a small tree! Good driving skills Bri! Seriously, your tree looks really nice!
-R Y A N

Anonymous said...

Gee Bri My "Stupid Little Car" did just fine yesterday.

Annie said...

Bri - Love your blog! Liz just sent me the address! I like the way you tell stories :)

philandruth said...

Soooo Christmasy I love it.Nice and cozy and ready for a new family member to arrive. Glad you art all safe and enjoying our winter.
Love mama C

The Brisco's said...

Yah another Christmas tree, yours looks way batter with the sweet TV on the wall.